- April 05, 2022
The launches are scheduled to take place within five years
Despite the fact that the satellite Internet has existed for a very long time, only after the launch of the project SpaceX Starlink this industry has revived and began to attract new players. For example, the company Amazon as part of its Project Kuiper is going to launch more than 3,000 satellites into orbit.
It is now known that for this purpose, the company has signed what it says is the largest commercial purchase of launch vehicles in history. Amazon has signed a five-year contract for 83 launches for Project Kuiper, with three companies at once.
United Launch Alliance (ULA) will make 38 launches, Arianespace will shoulder 18 launches, and 12 more will be made by Blue Origin, which belongs to Amazon’s founder. The remaining 15 launches will be implemented by the same Blue Origin, but only if there is such a need.
The amount of the deal is unknown, but it may be noted that each ULA launch costs the U.S. $112 million. Each launch of Arianespace will tentatively cost $77 million. As for Blue Origin, their launches were previously listed at a price of about $ 68 million. So very roughly the deal would cost Amazon $6.5-7.3 billion.
However, there is a curious nuance in this whole story that makes the deal even more unique. The fact is that all three rockets – Ariane 6 from Arianespace, Vulcan Centaur from ULA and New Glenn from Blue Origin – are still in development; none has ever been launched. Among the stumbling blocks is Blue Origin’s BE-4 engine, which is five years behind schedule. It is needed for the Vulcan Centaur and New Glenn. But for all the rockets, the first launches are scheduled for this year.
The bottom line is that if each rocket carries the maximum amount of cargo, it will allow Amazon to put nearly 2,000 tons into orbit.
All the news today
- Google removed the Russian Defense Ministry website from its search
- Ledger announces the release of a limited-edition Nano S Plus hardware wallet focused on NFTs. Only 10,000 units available for pre-order
- The largest commercial purchase of a launch vehicle in history. Amazon ordered 83 launches worth billions of dollars for Project Kuiper: Launches are scheduled over five years
- Futuristic design, electric motor and. Indian brand. Tata Motors is preparing to introduce the Nexon Coupe electric crossover. It will be a crossover coupe.
- Arti, Elektronik, SmartGIN or Hertz: Muscovites were offered to choose the name of a robot-dog to patrol the streets. “Doesn’t bark, doesn’t bite, and knows how to get around obstacles, including people.”
- When you want a PC directly from Intel. NUC 12 minicomputer specs have surfaced online. These models will get an Alder Lake CPU
- Japanese brand, thin and light body, RJ45 port and the latest Intel CPUs. The Dynabook Portege X40-K laptop has been unveiled. From $1,350
- An update for Nintendo Switch has been released. The update is available for download
- Samsung will at least partially fix one of the problems with its flexible Fold smartphones. The Galaxy Z Fold4 model will get a televisor like the Galaxy S22 flagships. The 10-megapixel sensor will provide triple zoom
- Samsung’s true monster of battery life with a 7,000 mAh battery gets One UI 4.1 and Android 12. The Samsung Galaxy M62 features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O display with Full HD+ resolution, a 64-megapixel main quad-camera and an Exynos 9825 single-core system
- Samsung wants to strip the headphone jack from even the cheapest smartphones? Photos of the Galaxy M13 5G have surfaced. No details yet
- A unique Renault Sandero, intended for Russia, showed up in the network. The car will get tiered optics
- 326 hp, three motors, NFC, retractable handles and the system of unmanned driving. Chery and Huawei unveiled a smart crossover. Jetour Dasheng should go on sale in the third quarter of 2022
- The scandal with Samsung gaming services acquires serious consequences. The company is canceling the nationally accepted respectful prefix nim when referring to it. Samsung started with one of its top executives
- Free CPU overclocking that won’t make users happy. AMD graphics driver changes BIOS settings for CPU by itself. System may feel unstable
- The Thermalright HR-09 2280 Pro heatsink, designed for M.2 SSD size, is 74mm high. Its design includes two heat pipes
- Russian “Auchan” company denied the information about cease of investments and supplies. Previously, the CEO called such a situation unthinkable. Currently, the French supermarket chain Auchan owns 241 stores in Russia
- “Thieves and crooks”: after the cancellation of booking Airbnb does not return money to users from Russia and Belarus. The app’s rating has plummeted
- The new MacBook Air will get “bangs” like the MacBook Pro, and in white. But there will be no Face ID
- Bailiffs will forcibly recover two billion rubles from extremist Meta. A revocable fine was imposed for systematic refusal to remove information banned in Russia
- Nvidia graphics cards finally became cheaper than AMD cards. Prices in Europe continue to fall. Sometimes it’s more profitable to buy an older model
- The new Intel Blockscale ASIC delivers up to 580 GH/s performance. It is designed for energy-efficient blockchain hashing. Deliveries will start in the third quarter
- Xiaomi fans have picked the best flagship in the company’s 12 years. It’s not the Xiaomi 12 Pro or the Mi 11 Ultra. Xiaomi’s most fan-favorite flagship came out in 2017
- Elon Musk spent less than $3 billion on Twitter stock and made $15 billion in 24 hours after the announcement. What a well-planned acquisition indeed
- The Ministry of Digital Affairs is accepting applications for a Russian software store, the domestic counterpart to the Microsoft Store and App Store
- PlayStation gamers are the most athletic. A survey showed which platforms’ players most often exercise. And what kind of exercise they prefer
- “We do not comment on our internal orders” – “Avtovaz created a single car assembly plant. This will make it possible to quickly transfer workers from one assembly line to another
- 5000 mAh, 64 MP and 120 Hz. The inexpensive OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite attracts with its features. It is another close competitor to the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
- “Everyone will forget about the combine, but the car will stay.” “Avtovaz is celebrating today the 45th anniversary of the legendary Lada Niva SUV. This is the first production vehicle developed independently at the Volga Automobile Plant
- “Steam Deck is a complete mess. You can see that the device is just not finished,” the console is criticized in reviews, but Valve is starting to ramp up production. Steam Deck glitches and unstable
- Already 96 million people are registered on Gosuslugi and about 10 million use the service daily. In 15 months the number of users of “Gosuslugi” has increased by 15 million
- The big EMUI 12 update in Russia – for Huawei Nova lite 3, Mate 20 lite, P20 Pro, Y9 Prime 2019, P20, P30 lite. Applications will be accepted until April 12
- Instead of the Xiaomi Mix 5, the world’s first phone with a 360° hinge will be released this year . The Xiaomi Mix series is aimed at the enthusiast market and offers experimental cutting-edge technology
- Food and furniture instead of flagships: the Redmi 9A and iPhone 11 left the iPhone 13 far behind in popularity in Russia. Demand for inexpensive smartphones has almost doubled
- Hydra Market, the largest Russian-language platform for trading drugs and stolen data, was shut down. If we believe the law enforcement officers, they managed to seize bitcoins worth about 23 million euros
- “VKontakte helps to attract the audience: personalized smart video covers appeared. Different categories of viewers will see different covers
- By 2030, Roscosmos will launch 18 of the latest Glonass-K2 satellites into orbit. They will provide navigation accuracy of less than 30 cm. The first Glonass-K2 satellite may be launched into orbit as early as 2022
- The latest Samsung soundbars support 3D surround sound, Q-Symphony and Dolby Atmos. These devices promise to provide users with superior sound quality thanks to the latest technology
- Russians are switching to cheap smartphones, flagships are losing their audience. At the same time in the first quarter of 2022, the Russian smartphone market even grew
- 120 kg, 60 km and 35 km/h. A powerful folding electric scooter Freego F12 was introduced. It has a wide platform and 12-inch wheels
- $100 Poco C4 c MIUI 13 certified before release . 50-megapixel camera and 5,000mAh battery
- Samsung has discontinued support for the Galaxy S9, and updates for the Galaxy S10 will come out once every quarter. Samsung released the Galaxy S9 series just over four years ago, in late March 2018
- NASA cuts staff in Russia. So far, the relationship between NASA and Roscosmos remains highly professional, but the U.S. has plans for different developments
- “”Wikipedia has become the new line of constant information attacks on Russians,” Roskomnadzor demands the removal of materials. Recently, materials that spread inaccurate information on the subject of a special military operation have become massively posted on Wikipedia
- Visa Gold cards working abroad can be issued directly in Moscow. This is done by the Commercial Bank of Kyrgyzstan. The question price is 17,500 rubles.
- Nissan postpones sales of Ariya electric crossovers because of supply chain problems. Nissan Motor Company has cancelled the start of sales of the new model, which had been planned for the end of March.
- Thousands of video cards misused. A Vietnamese retailer is selling mini cryptocurrency mining farms based on eight Nvidia RTX A4000 3D gas pedals. RTX A4000s are designed for very different tasks
- Used smartphones appeared on Yandex.Market. They plan to sell used children’s and sports goods, as well as goods for home and repair. Entering this segment will help “Yandex.Market” to replace part of the range, for which there is a deficit
- “The Chinese have greatly strengthened their position in Russia: sales of new cars have more than doubled. Spending by Russians to buy Chinese cars has increased so dramatically both because of the continued rise in prices and because of the increased popularity and actual sales of Chinese cars
- Ilon Musk, who has become Twitter’s largest shareholder, has contemplated the first improvement to the social network. Twitter users had been asking for this feature for years. But Twitter’s previous head refused to introduce the feature to edit tweets
- The 305-horsepower all-wheel-drive Toyota GR Corolla has been unveiled. The novelty is available only with a 6-speed manual transmission iMT with automatic shift timing function
- Capturing Reality uses the iPhone camera to create realistic and high-quality 3D models. As explained by Epic Games, the transfer of real things in 3D can be difficult, because it usually requires modern equipment
- Japanese cars (new and used), motorcycles, marine engines, luxury goods and many other products have been banned from entering Russia. New sanctions came into force in Japan
- iPhone 14 Pro Max and 48MP: Details on a brand new camera. It’s a 1/1.3-inch optical format sensor with 1.22 µm pixels
- A tiny update has improved Google’s Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro camera and charging. This very small 27MB update fixes two camera problems and improves one important feature
- Two screens, LTPO 3.0, 2K, 120Hz, 19 DisplayMate A+ records and 300,000 flex/unfold cycles. The Vivo X Fold has been declassified in an official image. The smartphone will be unveiled on April 11
- “The iPhone 14 Pro Max’s “small” camera cutout is simply huge: it’s twice as big as last year’s Redmi K40 Pro. The diameter of the round hole for the front camera is 5.59 mm
- The competitor of Lexus LX and Cadillac Escalade: the luxury frame SUV Great Wall Tank 800 will be released in Russia. The car can debut this year
- Companies have stopped recalling cars in Russia: this will be followed by fines and other sanctions up to suspension of activities. Owners of warranty cars say about refusals to repair as part of recalls, which can potentially lead to accidents
- Geely Tugella has become the company’s best-selling car in Russia for the first time. Geely sales down 14% in March
- The new DeLorean was shown in an official image for the first time. The original DeLorean DMC-12 became famous after the “Back to the Future” trilogy
- Sales of smartphones in Russia have collapsed by half, their range has declined. Supplies from China, as well as from India and Vietnam are able to support the market
- Airbnb refused service to citizens of Russia and Belarus . Reservations in Russia and Belarus starting April 4, 2022 and later have been canceled