- March 11, 2022
The changes are temporary and the situation will be constantly monitored
The company Meta, which owns Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, hastened to clarify that the new policy, which has caused a lot of controversy, will be applied only in Ukraine.
As a reminder, Meta previously allowed Facebook and Instagram users to call for violence against the Russian military and Vladimir Putin. As a result, the Prosecutor General’s Office of Russia asked to recognize Meta (Facebook) as an extremist organization, and Instagram has already begun to block in Russia.
Meta Vice President Nick Clegg stated that the changes “are aimed at protecting people’s rights to free speech as an expression of self-defense in response to a military invasion of their country.” He added that the company “had no quarrel with the Russian people,” and there was no change in the policy of negative speech “concerning the Russian people.”
“We will not tolerate Russophobia or other types of discrimination against Russians on our platform,” Nick Clegg said. The vice president of the company also said that the changes are temporary, and the situation will be constantly monitored.
In other news: YouTube began blocking Russian state media channels around the world.
All news for today
- : The changes are temporary, and the situation will be constantly monitored11
- 1 Now it’s clear why the Mac Studio on the M1 Max is much heavier than the younger version. It simply has a different cooling system
- 58 YouTube has begun blocking Russian state media channels around the world. Will YouTube be blocked in Russia?
- 4 This smartphone got Android 10, although it came out seven years ago with Android 5.0. The Fairphone 2 received an update, becoming a unique phenomenon in the market. Of course, unless you count the iPhone and iOS
- 20:10 3 Both a compact laptop and a tablet with a normal set of ports and for only $330. The Chuwi MiniBook Yoga has been introduced. It has an unusual amount of RAM
- The flagship of the Redmi Note 11 line introduced in Russia. Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G on the Snapdragon 695 platform was priced at 42,000 rubles. But only for first buyers, at retail – more expensive
- 75 Goodbye, Instagram: the popular social network has already begun to be blocked in Russia. A few hours before the blocking began, the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation opened a criminal case against Meta
- 5000 mAh, 67 W, 108 MP, AMOLED 90 Hz screen, NFC – for 34,000 rubles. Redmi Note 11S and Redmi Note 11 Pro are available in Russia. But retail sales will only start in a month
- Presented TWS headset Creative Outlier Pro. This headset has a hybrid active noise cancellation function
- 6 Samsung is working on a very sophisticated, partially transparent and flexible smartphone in a whole new form factor. It can be quite versatile
- The supply of Ukrainian neon is suspended – it is half of the volume used by the semiconductor industry. The raw material for Ukrainian neon is a byproduct of steel production in Russia
- 5000 mAh, 67W, 50MP, 90Hz AMOLED screen and Snapdragon 680 for 22,000 rubles. The Redmi Note 11 went on sale in Russia. One of the four new models of the Redmi Note 11 series on the Russian market
- 4 Apple is not yet ready to give users a more productive Mac mini. Such a PC will be released next year. Now the company has the current Mac mini and Mac Studio
- There are simply no smartphones with this design for that kind of money. Renders of the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite have appeared. It is expected to cost less than $260
- The most important presentation of Redmi this year: along with the Redmi K50 showed a new laptop, TV and router. According to Lou Weibing, this year the entire Redmi brand lineup will undergo a complete overhaul
- The new $430 ultra-compact iPhone SE, built on the powerful Apple A15 Bionic SoC, with 5G support is already available to order in the US and other countries. The top-end version is priced at $580
- 5000 mAh, 50 MP and Snapdragon 680. Live photos of the Redmi 10C, one of Redmi’s most affordable new products. Aka Redmi 10 2022, aka Poco C4
- In Russia, Meta (Facebook) may be recognized as an extremist organization. WhatsApp and Instagram may also be blocked. It recently became known that Facebook is completely blocked in Russia.
- From 125 euros for a somewhat outdated CPU to 518 euros for a unique new product. AMD’s new CPUs have caught on with retailers. European prices include taxes
- Russia was left without Pokemon. The developer and publisher of the game Pokemon Go has suspended access to its games in Russia. Niantic is also known for Ingress and Picmin Bloom
- The Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Dock has two M.2 slots. It has a 40Gbps Thunderbolt port to connect to a computer.
- The computer is the size of a mouse, without a full processor or operating system. ZTE showed off the Taichi Cloud Computer W100D. Details are still scarce.
- Now with Windows 11 and at a lower price. Huawei relaunched the MateBook 16 Ryzen Edition laptop. The configuration hasn’t changed.
- “Crystal” rear panel, higher performance than the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, large cooling system, 108 MP camera with OIS. Official images of the Redmi K50 Pro. The Redmi K50 Pro is built on a Dimensity 8100, while the Redmi K50 Pro+ uses a Dimensity 9000 SoC
- The 100-inch Redmi MAX TV will replace the 98-inch 2020 model on the market. Redmi’s 100-inch TV appeared on the Bluetooth SIG website and in the Chinese regulator’s 3C database
- 3 According to IFR, Japan is the world’s number one robot manufacturer. 36% of Japanese exports of robotics and automation technology were destined for China
- A little less than Skoda Superb: first details about Chery premium sedan. Price of the car in China will be from 16 to 24 thousand dollars.
- Haval, Chery and Geely took 80% of the entire Russian market of Chinese cars: sales soared by 70%. Against the background of the departure from Russia of a number of European, Japanese and American brands, the Chinese manufacturers have every chance to greatly increase their market share
- 12 In Russia the number of DDoS attacks on business has sharply increased. Most of the attacks come from US IP addresses. DDoS-attacks are practically continuous: one resource may be attacked during 12-14 hours
- 12:44 3 Samsung to Stop Production of LCD Panels Half a Year Early South Korean manufacturing giant plans to stop producing LCD panels in June this year
- 12:23 Qnap QXP-1600eS-A1164 expansion card provides connectivity for up to 16 SATA 6Gb/s drives . The card, designed for TL SATA JBOD series expansion modules, is compatible with NAS, PCs and servers that have a PCIe slot
- 12:06 94 Facebook allowed calls for violence against the Russian military and the death of Russia’s president. Calls for violence against peaceful Russian citizens are still not allowed
- 11:27 7 5.45 inches, IP69K, MIL-STD-810G, FM radio without headset. Ulefone Armor X10 Pro, a compact unbreakable smartphone, has been unveiled. The manufacturer also offers a case that is designed to further protect the phone
- 11:06 21 Two new MacBooks on the Apple M2 will be released this year. The name MacBook Pro may go down in history. Recall that the first generation of Apple Silicon SoC includes the Apple M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max and M1 Ultra models
- 10:55 EK has unveiled a waterblock for the ROG Maximus Z690 Hero motherboard. It removes heat from the processor, voltage regulators and network controller
- 10:47 9 Honor X8 smartphone with narrow bezels, 90Hz screen and quad-camera unveiled. The smartphone is based on the Snapdragon 680 single-core system, it has 6GB of RAM and 2GB of virtual RAM, as well as 128GB of built-in flash memory
- 10:32 Huawei Nova 9 SE with 90Hz screen and 108-megapixel camera unveiled. The Huawei Nova 9 SE features a 6.78-inch IPS LCD display with a hole in the center top
- 09:52 109 The U.S. has spoken out against the digital yuan. It is believed that Russia can use it after disconnecting from SWIFT. The U.S. believes the digital yuan will help Russia avoid sanctions and increase China’s surveillance of users
- 09:42 10 ” Stunning” OSOM OV1 smartphone first shown from the front. The image shows the unique USB-C cable, as well as the bottom front of the new smartphone
- 09:32 7 You can now install Windows 10 on Steam Deck: Valve has released the drivers . Drivers for Windows 11 are in development and will appear later with a BIOS update
- 09:19 16 The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra’s 45-watt adapter runs at peak power for only a minute, and then the power drops to 30 watts. That explains why it wasn’t much faster than the 25 watt adapter
- 09:07 54 VKontakte is rapidly gaining popularity amid Facebook’s ban. Content creators receive 100% of income from ad impressions. March 8 set an absolute record for the number of video views
- 08:57 4 Stellantis (Peugeot, Citroen, Opel, Jeep, Fiat Professional) has stopped exporting cars to Russia. Peugeot remains the leader
- 08:49 2 Geely resumes car shipments to Russian dealers this week. According to the results of the first two months of 2022, Geely’s Russian dealers sold 4,041 cars, 2.3 times more than last year
- 08:42 54 Avtovaz has assembled the first pre-production model of the all-new Lada 2023 . The car was presented to the president of the company
- 08:36 16 The U.S. shut down Globalstar mobile satellite communications in Russia. Ukraine, Belarus, Baltic states and Transcaucasia were also left without this communication
- 08:28 19 ” M.Video” stops taking pre-orders for games: “We see no point”. Also published information on upcoming releases
- 03:18 41 Rivian’s losses last quarter exceeded $2.4 billion. Manufacturer expects to produce 25,000 electric cars this year
- 02:35 Ethernet switch market grows 9.7% to $30.7 billion in 2021 Enterprise-level routers were sold for $15.9 billion
- 02:07 5 Irix 21mm f/1.4 full-frame manual focus lens introduced. It is available with Canon EF, Nikon F and Pentax K mounts
- 01:10 32 Tablets could displace laptops? Google thinks the process could start as soon as possible. Tablets are already much more suitable for work than before
- 00:52 8 WhatsApp is four years behind Telegram. The messenger will finally have polls in group chats. The feature has already been discovered in the fresh beta version, but it does not work yet
- 00:45 17 Apple did not cut the GPU of the new iPhoine SE. The number of graphics cores here is the same as in the iPhone 13 and 13 mini. But less than the iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
- 00:23 22 Doesn’t Nvidia underestimate the performance of older graphics cards with modern drivers? GeForce GTX 1060 testing provides the answer. There is a performance boost in most games
- 00:22 In 2021, consumer wireless LAN equipment sales decreased by 2.5% and enterprise wireless LAN equipment sales increased by 20.4%. This data is given in the IDC report