- April 21, 2022
Relative to last year’s numbers.
Ross Young, founder of Display Supply Chain Consultants and DisplaySearch, says Samsung is betting big on the next generation of its foldable smartphones.
Production of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 and Z Flip4 phones for July more than doubled that of the Z Fold3 and Z Flip3 over the same period. This indicates a very strong launch. Could see a price drop.
Simply put, Samsung expects to sell more than twice as many new smartphones in the first few months after launch as it has sold the current generation handsets.
At the end of 2021, the Korean giant sold four times as many such smartphones as it did in 2020. Of course, the volume of the first batch cannot be projected on the results of the year as a whole, but Samsung clearly expects to significantly increase the supply of Galaxy Z line again.
Among other things, it may be able to achieve this by reducing prices. That is, the same Galaxy Z Flip4 will fall below the psychological mark of $1,000, which could make it even more popular. Recall that in the current generation, the Flip accounts for more than 60% of sales of the line.
All news for today
- 11:52 GeForce RTX 4090 may be out just in time for the heating season. Without Nvidia’s optimizations, the card could consume 850 watts. But it will consume about 600W.
- The all-new Lada 2023 was shown in quality images. The first pre-production car was assembled in March
- : Relative to last year’s figures.
- Google was fined for fakes about the special operation in Ukraine. Google representative did not come to court
- Against the backdrop of sanctions, Yandex has suspended investments in Russia and abroad. Yandex said that sanctions against Russia may have a negative impact on the company’s business
- Russian analogue of App Store and Google Play will be launched by June 1. The order was given by the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation, which must execute it by the end of the spring
- All Ukrainians will be able to use Starlink satellite Internet. The permit will be valid only during the war time
- Binance introduced restrictions for the Russians: now only the withdrawal of funds for users with assets over 10 thousand euros. In Binance also added that they will support the sanctions
- Lexus, you too? The company will use a steering wheel like Tesla’s. Tesla has already introduced a steering wheel of this shape, for which it has been criticized by reviewers and users
- Russia has figured out how to leave foreign movies, TV shows and music in the country. This can extremely negatively affect the remaining prospects for international cooperation
- The legendary Toyota with its 67-year history will become a crossover in hybrid and electric versions. Toyota will also release a completely redesigned version of the Crown sedan this summer
- One of the most popular smartphones in Russia, the Samsung Galaxy A71, has received the latest version of Android. The system stability has been improved and some bugs have been fixed
- Apple has updated its mobile payment system Apple Pay. Apple Pay has strengthened fraud protection
- Netflix will prohibit sharing passwords to use the same account in different places. The company will track all of its subscribers who use the same account in different households
- Lincoln’s first electric car with a unique trunk is unveiled. The front trunk is covered by electrochromic glass that turns transparent when in motion
- “We didn’t expect it to be this amazing.” Perseverance sent a video of the solar eclipse on Mars. The eclipse lasted just over 40 seconds
- Apple increased the charging speed of the iPhone via the MagSafe Battery Pack. New firmware was released
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Watch4 Classic owners have been deceived: the promised Google Assistant support has never been added. The assistant has been missing since the launch of the smart watch, despite the fact that it runs WearOS 3.0
- A modern, stylish smartphone with the richest bundle to date, 5G and NFC support for $200. Introduced Blu F91. The smartphone is based on the MediaTek Dimensity 810 single-crystal system, which is combined with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of built-in flash memory
- Huawei’s monster of a battery life has been unveiled. Buyers get a Bluetooth speaker, a backpack and a host of other perks. The manufacturer claims the smartphone can last three days without recharging in normal mode
- Details on paid WhatsApp: up to 10 connected devices in one account. WhatsApp is developing a new plan for business accounts to offer subscribers a few extra features
- Court forces Apple to pay $1,075 to buyer of iPhone without charger Apple could be forced to return the charger as part of the iPhone package. At least in Brazil.
- The Corsair Vengeance series has added a set of SO-DIMM DDR5-4800 memory modules with a total capacity of 64 GB. Designed for notebooks and smaller PCs
- Tesla generated $18.8 billion in revenue and $3.3 billion in profit in the first quarter of 2022
- Sharkoon SB2 external sound card introduced. It features two 3.5mm jacks, one of which can be used to connect a headset
- Revenue from IoT device management services will reach $36.8 billion by 2026. That’s ABI Research’s prediction
- The EU is one step closer to unifying charging devices for mobile electronics. Most smartphones already use a single connector
- Deficits in semiconductor products will largely be eliminated in the next half of the year. This applies, in particular, to chips for smartphones and PCs