- April 11, 2022
Foxconn factory in Chennai
Apple today announced that production of the iPhone 13 has started in India – at the plant of the American company’s traditional partner, Foxconn, located near the city of Chennai. It should be said that Apple has long been producing iPhones in India: back in 2017, the iPhone SE was established in this country, and then it was joined by the iPhone 11 and, in March 2021, the iPhone 12. And now India has begun to produce Apple’s latest and most flagship smartphones, the iPhone 13.
India is the second largest smartphone market in the world, so the choice of Apple’s production site is understandable. Local assembly is important because it avoids the fairly substantial import duties on smartphones and thus makes them more accessible to the local population. For example, the price of the iPhone 12 was reduced by 14,000 rupees (about $185) in India last year, and it’s likely that the locally assembled iPhone 13 will also get cheaper in India. However, the company won’t just ship to the local market: the iPhone 13 with Made in India stickers will be shipped to the U.S. as well.
All news for today
- : Foxconn factory in Chennai
- 10:22 1 MyOffice has created a tool to transfer macros from Microsoft Office. Previously, employees of companies using Microsoft Word or Excel lost all their macros when they switched their organizations to domestic software
- 1 Elon Musk changed his mind at the last moment and decided not to join Twitter’s board of directors. The reasons for this decision are not reported
- 4 ” The game expired on December 31, 1969. PlayStation 3 and PS Vita users cannot play games because of a strange message. Not available digital versions of classic games Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI and many others
- 3 Samsung finally abandoned the charger in the kit: even the cheap Samsung Galaxy A13 4G did not get a power supply. The information was confirmed by the first buyers of Samsung Galaxy A13 4G in the U.S.
- 5 Introduced Xiaomi Pilota sunglasses with UV400 protection. The lenses are covered with a thin layer of protective clear paint
- 10 State operators will not be able to use Ericsson and Nokia equipment because of the fifth package of EU sanctions. In addition to Rostelecom, this may affect the mobile operator Tele2 and Transtelecom
- Electronics not first-fresh: Russian sellers have launched a program to buy back and resell used smartphones. Previously, they bought up used smartphones only under the trade-in program
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, 12GB RAM, 80W and a quality camera. The new flagship iQOO Neo6 comes out on Wednesday. In a recent announcement, the company talked about the novelty’s camera
- 34 inches, 100Hz, AMD FreeSync, 65W and lots of ports. Dell S3423DWC monitor introduced. Dell S3423DWC monitor has a 34-inch VA panel with a resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels with 1800R curvature and 21:9 aspect ratio
- In Russia, there are 50 times more users of VPN-services. The most popular applications were named. OpenVPN, WireGuard, Surfshark VPN and other applications are leading the way
- LG Gram +view 16MQ70 16-inch portable monitor introduced. LG Gram +view 16MQ70 has the same screen characteristics as the LG Gram 2022 laptop
- 1 The Huawei MateBook 14 Non-Touchscreen Edition laptop is introduced. The main difference is the lack of a touch screen
- YouTube, Telegram and “Vkontakte” – the most popular social networks in Russia. More respondents are using Telegram and “VKontakte” lately
- 1 Hongmeng 3.0 and Huawei Mate 50 postponed until September. HarmonyOS 3 will be the biggest update since the operating system’s introduction
- New details about iOS 16 and rOS, Apple’s headset operating system. Apple may also unveil a new multitasking iPadOS interface, and watchOS 9, codenamed Kincaid, could get major updates for activity and health tracking
- Elon Musk has decided to turn Twitter’s headquarters into a homeless shelter. “No one shows up there anyway.”
- 06:41 Vivo’s first foldable smartphone was a hit: 340,000 people ordered it before it was even announced. The Vivo X Fold has an 8-inch 2K internal foldable screen with 120 Hz refresh rate and LTPO 3.0 technology
- 06:32 39 ” Ilon, it seems to me that our car will be more serious than yours,” Rogozin commented on the Tesla Cybertruck display . The updated Cybertruck was shown at the event in honor of the opening of the Gigafactory Texas in Austin
- 06:21 There are almost 13 million Lada cars in Russia: 9 million over 11 years old. The most popular models are named . One-year old cars less than 300 thousand.
- 06:13 3 UAZ Patriot entered the Top 25 Russian bestsellers. The sales of the plant fell less than the others. Among UAZ light commercial vehicles, the UAZ SGR family is still in the lead
- 06:06 4 Bitcoin and Etherium continue to fall in price. During the week, the rate declined by 9%
- 01:30 3 According to Volkswagen’s CFO, the chip shortage will last until 2024. Next year, production will only return to 2019 levels