- April 16, 2022
In addition to the UAE, companies are also moving their employees to Qatar
Middle East countries are chosen by a number of foreign companies for relocation of their Russian employees. According to VC.ru, citing a report by The Wall Street Journal, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, McKinsey and Boston Consulting Group, as well as Alphabet – the parent company of Google – are moving their employees to the UAE.
Goldman Sachs has already moved about 40 employees from Russia to Dubai. Visa, which promised to move all 210 Russian employees abroad, has also offered some of them jobs in the UAE. In addition, employees of the French bank Rothschild & Co. and consulting companies Kearney and Alvarez & Marsal will work in Dubai. British law firm Linklaters will move to Dubai 120 employees from Russia – including lawyers and support staff.
The UAE has become a convenient place for the relocation of employees, since the country still issues visas to Russians, and air links with Russia have not ceased since the start of the “special operation,” the newspaper notes.
Some companies transfer their employees to Qatar, which is also open to Russians. For example, consulting firm Oliver Wyman has already moved there part of the staff.
All news for today.
- : In addition to the UAE, companies are also moving their employees to Qatar
- 6 The Sbermegamarket app has been removed from Google Play. Previously installed app works fine
- 18:01 “About the destruction of Starlink satellites – the idea is fresh, thank you,” – Dmitry Medvedev commented on this morning’s fake. “It’s too early to execute yet, but if there is such a request – will we consider?”
- AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 6850U processor, 14-inch OLED 2.8K screen, SSD volume up to 2 TB and weight of only 1.22 kg. Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 3 specs in detail. Maximum capacity of LPDDR5 RAM – 32 GB
- 43 Russia will not face a shortage of rockets. From 2023, Roskosmos will produce ten Angara rockets annually. Of these, two light and eight heavy
- 7 Samsung TVs based on brand new panels. The company boasted an important achievement in the production of QD-OLED panels. The yield of good products has increased
- This is what the all-new Zeiss camera looks like with a DxOMark leadership bid. The first official teaser of the Vivo X80 Pro. This flagship will get a unique Samsung GNV sensor
- AMD will have a hard time. The engineering sample of Intel’s next-generation mobile processor performed very well in the first tests. In single-threaded mode it is on the level of Core i9-12900K
- Ilon Musk was offered to buy Sri Lankan government debt instead of Twitter. And call himself Ceylon Musk.
- 15 Freedom of speech, elimination of spam and bots, open source. Elon Musk told us how he wants to transform Twitter. It is still unclear whether he will be able to buy the platform.
- Intel is still failing. The company has allegedly postponed the launch of Arc desktop graphics cards again. They’re expected in late second or early third quarter
- “No one flies without crashes: not the Americans, not the Chinese, not the Europeans.” And Roscosmos has 82 successful launches in a row. Dmitry Rogozin explained this phenomenon
- Demand for Russian and Belarusian-made home appliances has increased significantly in Russia. In comparison with March of the last year, there has been a multiple increase.
- 22 ” We consider these publications as sabotage” – “United Russia” asks Roskomnadzor to block the fake website that discredits the armed forces. The information on the fake site does not refer to the official position of the faction and the party
- All-time hit: 65 million copies of The Witcher sold, including 40 million copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. 65 million copies of the series sold
- Big AMOLED 6.7-inch screen, 108 MP, 5000 mAh and quantum random number generator. Samsung Galaxy Quantum 3 declassified. Pre-sales in the home market will start April 22
- China announced the successful completion of the manned Shenzhou 13 mission, which took three taikonauts into space for six months. All three successfully returned to Earth that night.
- Renault sales in Russia have collapsed, but the company’s market share has grown. What models do Russians prefer in times of crisis? Duster holds up better than others
- A big screen and 5000 mAh for $120. The Infinix Hot 11 2022 smartphone was introduced. Without much compromise on specs
- Elon Musk is confident that he will buy all of Twitter. In case the board refuses, he has a plan B. The head of Twitter said that the decision would be in the best interest of shareholders
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic smartwatch with LTE is being offered at a record low price on eBay. “They are 100% functional and near-perfect in appearance.”
- Russia will stop fining for minor traffic violations, but will actively fight drunk driving. Regional officers will conduct raids this weekend to look for traffic violators
- 720 W, 21 kg, IP65, folding design, inexpensive. The Lectric XP Lite electric bicycle has been introduced. The bike can support up to 125 kg, which is six times its own weight
- “Stunning” flagship Sony Xperia 1 IV declassified before the announcement . The device showed off its capabilities in Geekbench
- Where are Changan’s intended for Russia stuck? Shipping costs have risen from $1,000 to $7,000. If the military operation had not started, the cars would have appeared in Russia already in March
- 07:24 71 ” Russia legalizes cryptocurrency payments. Surprise, surprise,” the founder of Binance shared insider information. He added that cryptocurrency should not be ignored today
- 07:14 51 Pavel Durov asked Forbes not to call him a Russian billionaire. Several other billionaires published similar statements
- 07:03 38 The best version of iPhone 13 has fallen in price to the psychologically important mark . We are talking about the PCT version with fast delivery from Moscow.
- 06:46 4 Alfa Bank app was removed from Google Play and App Store. The official user guide. “There’s no problem at all with our app on Android”
- 00:19 26 Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 50mm F2 Aspherical lens with Nikon Z mount introduced. This is a full-frame lens with manual focus
- 00:17 8 This will be the most powerful mobile processor in the Alder Lake lineup. Intel’s 16-core W12985 has hit the web. It will be part of the configuration of the promising Dell Precision 7770 workstation